Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.9 of 30: Inside Job"

"Inside Job"

Plastered him to the pavement
but I missed my arraignment.
Not the weapon I came with. ...
Hide the weapon I've slain with.
Tears that mix with the pain.
A pain concrete must acknowledge.
Vigils where we pay homage
minutes before the riots.
Hours before the carnage.
Headlock tight like the harness.
tighter wrapped around Garner.
Up til down it was harmless.
Haven't learned how to harm less.



Leave that shit up to Congress.
They could use some more free press.
Free world ran under stress.
Bullets removed from chest
after placing the taser.
Set my weapon to phaser,
watch him run for his labor
then proceed with moonraker.
Cops and Robbers the game.
First I tarnish your name
then I augment the scene
just to justify means.

Put a nickel in jeans.
Another quarter in the backpack.
Backtrack
until my story makes sense.
Made cents for something
others care to do for free.
Overseas.
Over pools of blood.
Children slumped over stools.
Bodies strewn across floors.
Potential escaping their pores.
The world would know more
but the news at 11
won't cover 147. 
























For some,

Hell comes before Heaven.

~ Society Of Poets ~

~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment