Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.26 Of 30: Envisioned In Sepia"

"Envisioned In Sepia"

Those eyes....

Sunrise.


Some times I wonder
why your mornings
are so hazy.
Everyone gets lazy
but your disposition is...
........initially dormant.

Informed and abreast
of your best efforts
to hide the worst
of your occurrences,
I burn away
until you let down your
fortification.
The sensation felt before touching.
Rushing warmer through me
than the blood in my veins.
Linked by chains
of mutually desired contact,
I long to preserve
what you cannot keep intact
on your own

So you can zone in
if you wish
and create diversions
and hope for aversion

like how
those eyes.....

Sunset.

Dead set.
Locked on mine.

So careful,
those eyes
as they hold me
closely
guiding me to thighs
as smooth as light's embrace
before it retires for the night.
Slowly dimming light
in peach, grey,
grape and amber colors
bouncing softly against skin
I've only imagined between internal lecture.....

.......effective in conjecture
but not enough to dash concern.

I aim to learn;
not just earn the right.
Your stare tells stories
of fights you've waged forever.
Hard plastic,
metal frame,
all the same.
Masks woven in
silk
or leather
whether it remains
is of no discern to me.

You cannot hide what you are to be.

So look at me.
Don't shy away.
I won't pry away
but I will try each day

until I see
those eyes....

That perfectly smoky,
dreary disposition,
eyes fully focused
yet not ambitiously locked
on anything more
than what endears you to them.

Eyes that lead mine to
lips as complimentary.
Very standalone.
Lips that refuse to part
to acknowledge the world
swirling in madness around you.

Those who've never found you
would not appreciate the search.
Upon this bedside I am perched.
Not nervous. Very certain
next to curtains billowing
between air as crisp as winter.

You've filtered everything
I've paid a degree of interest to
and offered me a stare.
A glare between blinks
where I wouldn't dare think
to do look away this day

Or another, should I be so wise

to cherish time lost
in those eyes....






















~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment