Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.14 Of 30: False Start"

"False Start"

Content as complicated
as one's choice of haberdashery.
Marathon Man...
dodging the javelin.
Never found a gash in me.
Tragically,
I'm nowhere near
the speed of sound
and light eludes me.
Always aimed to
tell my story
but what should my prelude be?
Could the reader handle it?
Will I be protagonist,
heartless villain
or anti-hero?
Will I remain in the shadows
or become familiar with the people?
Not much is clear
but that fear
is easy to notice.
Struggled to show this
side of myself.
A cry for help.
In need of change
but no real push
to rearrange
or wash the stains
as I complain
and hide the proof.
Not working hard
for that reward.
In that regard,
I hide the truth.


Nothing meant to be disclosed
can stay away forever, though.
Life still throwing javelins.
I can't dodge them forever
so
I've learned to pick my spots.
Tried to predict where they'll land.
Sun is blinding.
Burning hot.
Didn't see one pierce my hand.

Damn.





















~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment