Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.25 Of 30: Cornerstone Kettle"

"Cornerstone Kettle"

I used to miss the feeling.
Another cup.
Darjeeling....
Some things are worth revealing
only when we let it be.
You thrive on stints of action.
That one knee jerk reaction
that puts on a show
for all you know
and everyone else to see.


I'd rather sip this tea.

I'll take time
as long as it is being offered.
Harbored some concern
for your deliberate discernment.
In turn,
the perceived oblivious me
was not initially at liberty
to do anything about
your siding with determent.
Determined against my own.
Would challenge my tone
as if I emerged from your loins.
Going
because staying
may incur the stains
that this lifetime can't wipe clean.

How obscene
to believe you have dominion
with a few opinions
and a lot less influence?

You speak out of rhythm fluently.

My truancy
will accompany dismay
for on this day,
I will not wait for YOUR outcome.
You've outrun your help.
Even yourself as you breathe deep.
You wouldn't crawl
and I no longer creep.

Oh yes...

...I used to miss the feeling.
I used to
but there's nothing left
that is worth revealing.
We're years past repealing
and much of it
isn't worth dealing with

so I'll sit here
and I'll ponder
while your heart flails
and you flounder about
wondering how I've found
the way out from it all.
How to silence every call.
How to land if I should fall.
You will acknowledge secrecy.
You will hate that facing me

will imbue my latency.



























Pour yourself a cup of tea.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment