Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.16 Of 30: Seafoam In Drift"

"Seafoam In Drift"

"Approach the oceans
in due time, youngster."


Bane of my ambition
in the younger years.
Would pretend as if
hands were over ears.
That subdued the fear
of potential chastisement.
Advisement in droves.
Drove me up the wall
that I would slide down
in protest.

No less
was much more.
Tied hands
would touch more.
Push more.
More structure
meant more means
of torn jeans
and spilt juice.

Fruit of your loins
a pain in the groin.
Can't wait til I'm grown.
Can't wait but I'm growing.
Embracing danger.
No anchor. No slowing.
Parental anger.
Impatience is showing.

Months become years
and you're anxious yet knowing
that there isn't much left
to keep me at shore.
Would stay with you more,
would play with you more
but we're more than sure
that much has been drawn out.
All out or nothing.
Started with something
and made the world of me.

Grew up much different.
Teen with indifference.
Adults with difference
but I know you love me.

"Approach the oceans
in due time, youngster."


















Know now that I'm ready
and I thank you, Mother.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment