Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.29 Of 30: Semester"

"Semester"

Had you on my mind
like the first day
Time lost in the grind
in the worst way.
Hurt me more.
Repeat words you'd say.
Uninvited
but I show up
on your birthday. 


You are therapy.
Way too fair not to see.
Not for me you are.
Not yet by far.
Here in this car
out in public
subject to acts
that should only take place
privately.

Privacy?

They don't give us enough of that.
Always a hindrance.
An annoyance.
No enjoyment in watching
how often you interact
with him.

Your friends only like him
in hopes of one day
being a sufficient replacement.
My friend tells me
that I wouldn't gain your affection
with such aggressive statements
but the truth can't lie
and I might die
or just go over the edge
and push you both over the ledge
just to keep him from happening.

This is not acting.

Those notes in your locker:
No facade.
Sitting tables across from you:
No coincidence.

Even this very instance.
This very moment.
I swear this is we.
We were meant to be.

Fully aware
and I see
frightened faces when they ask
"WHERE IS SHE?!?!"

See?

This is so US!

Do you trust me?
Are you lusting?
Please don't shove me....
........ DON'T YOU LOVE ME?!

Wet gloves with the answer.
Answering machine wiped clean.
"Do Not Disturb"
from front door to the curb.
On my nerves as they cackle
ringing louder than the shackles
I received after acceptance.

False admission of guilt.
Hard bed with no quilt.
Built true love in my eyes

but they say I lived a lie.

That just can't be.
He may have lost you
and there is no we
but you're still with me.....

........ you loved me.




















Didn't you?

~ Society Of Poets ~

~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment