Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.17 Of 30: Cufflinks"

"Cufflinks"

Consider how genuine
the article truly is.
Fully aware...
that this pocket square
completely compliments my hair.
Everything fair
including the weather.
Polished loafers for the coast
comfortably atop leather seats
and wood grain.
Gained speed
but remained fashionably late.


That's the standard.

Cameras carrying a multitude of flashes.
Invitation on the dash
of the all black Maybach.
Taken back to the infancy of it all:

Walls with chipped paint.
Water more tainted than drinkable.
Thinking so much about my rougher years.
Switched gears.
Calibrated with ambition
and leaked out the self pity.
Within me
lies the bowl of fire
burning in tandem
with my desire for elevation.

Grateful for the sensation
of Bose speakers.
Tailored to the attire
of espionage or preacher
or teacher with administrative privilege.

From the ridge
to the last thread stitched
form fit
for the formidably formal.
Upscale is normal.
Received slacks for jeans
and while this jacket serves as my journal,























I was measured for my dreams.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment