Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.15 Of 30: Float"

"Float"

Sweep the floor from under me.
Door will remain lovingly.
Under me is everything...
I left in the past.
Never die.
Never cast
into air I couldn't navigate.
Magistrate
still answering to he
who is celestial.
More than fair
the air up there.
Never felt this special.
Used to reach for the sky
being robbed of my dreams.
Dropped my fear and my tears.
Tore the weight at it's seams
and watched it all fly below
where my head used to hang
where my fists used to bang
against the concrete.


I'm complete
when this journey ends.
As far as now,
I'll learn just how
much more I can resend.
No use for baggage.
Tucked that away in it the carriage.
Disadvantage as it seems
was advantage and it teems
with all the glory.

So much is present before me.
Wouldn't worry
the way I used to figure.
Even seldom forgivers
find ways to let go
and breathe.
Time you wouldn't believe.
Led a life I couldn't conceivably
see lasting for long.

Saying so long
to the short wind.
Upstart fins swim slower
than I do
through these clouds.
God's angels in harmony
and the trumpets are loud.
So the next time
you notice me not making a sound,
you'll be looking up
and I'll be shining down.



















~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment