Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.8 Of 30: Labyrinth"

"Labyrinth"

Almost found my way around
so where is the gate?
Never thought ...
that these vines
would bring so much pain.
Is it true that
the more I run,
the less things change?
Am I doomed to walk around
trapped here in this maze?



Eyes on the prize
held high
whilst I search low.
Flow through easily.
Weave through entrances
that I swore were exits.
Next is the same as before.
Fell to the floor in exhaustion.
Felt the paranoia
so never tread with caution.

Often the contrary.

My very nerves
 served up on a platter.
I can hear their chatter
ringing in my ears loud
like laughter.
Entertainment for the heartless.
Fought this strain
for far too long now.
Would stop this train
but my loco motives
have me far gone now

so my means are mechanical.

Pathetic animal
trapped without a cage
running from my past
and toward the rage. 



















Not much of me is left
inside this maze...

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment