Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.12 of 30: The Narrows"

"The Narrows"

I don't want your life.
I don't need control.
When I look back twice,...
I just need my soul.



Couldn't play your role.
Never did compete.
I would rather stroll
than to scrape my feet.

No way around
so I lay down
and let the musings of my day
play around on the ceiling.
Feeling somber in my process;
especially when left to wonder
if my progress is even noticed....
...we love to quote it:

"Doesn't matter.
Never matters
if they see the steps.
All that matters -
- ever matters
is that none are left."

and I stand firm by that notion
to a degree,
but with the stirring of emotions,
one sometimes wants others to see
just how well
or how frail
or how high
or deep sighs over repetition.
Sometimes, I think
we treat independence
like some stubborn tradition.

We can't learn if we won't listen.

This day will glisten and shine
even without the time
I hoped would present itself.
Had to become comfortable
with asking for help
instead of putting myself through it.
If life is to be lived alone,
then less of us would do it
but some change their stance
in front of olive branch
thinking that shots are called.
Would rather let me fall
than latch on
to what they deem exclusive
so If sovereign must be claimed,
lets make this all inclusive:

I don't want your life.
I don't need control.
When I look back twice,
I just need my soul.

Couldn't play your role.
Never did compete.
I would rather stroll
than to scrape my feet.

Leave me to my chores.
My sweat here.
My pores.
Won't distort my sight.
If I cry at night,
I will salve my pain
and take my lumps in stride.



























There's more than pride to gain.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment