Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.30 Of 30: Reach"

"Reach"

Can't think of what I'm missing.
Don't know what I've envisioned.
Across my face ...

without a trace.
I guess I should've listened.


Wouldn't show me
but you told me
to learn
when to recognize my limits
and when to ignore them.


Thought I had time
to explore them first.


That was the problem.

Procrastination that would steer
me toward my greatest fear
full of tears
and self regret.
Priorities I would forget
giving way to memories
that hurt to recall.


Am I falling for it all?

Can I crawl?
Am I drifting with no anchor?


One should never labor
with no intent to retire.
I am tired
and much stands before me.
My hands...
callous and forming issues
I'm too young to acknowledge.
There's no need for working knowledge
I may never get to pass on.


I've passed out inadvertent lessons.

Greatest of my transgressions
given the impression
on which I have been perceived.


I appear to have achieved
that which I surely lack
all while falling back.
Tumbling.
Plummeting.
Afraid I may not thrive
from this involuntary dive
when there are
no open hands to claim me.


Only I can save me.



 









Maybe.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment