Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.21 Of 30: The Applied Implied"

"The Applied Implied"

I'm dealing with my complacence.
The priorities are outlined
but I am nowhere adjacent....
Opportunity is there.
So close I swear I can taste it.
It would kill me to waste it
but I may die before I face it.


I am

the one event
that is hard to forget.
A spectacle receptacle
still siphoning regret
and with this admission,
I weather the attention
and field the calls
but when it stalls,
it all feels like detention.
I'm nowhere near the child of light.
I still fight for ascension
but if I'm judged
based on my effort,
I can't hide my remission.

There's a lot there.

Call it an empty plot
where
I place plans I never follow,
hopes I've left sullen and hollow,
and pills I have yet to swallow

because I'm afraid of that.

There's no replacing that
lack of accomplishment
especially when acknowledgement
I accept as if I've earned it.
I've learned a lot
to say I've learned nothing.
Bridges burned as I've spurned
on procrastination.
The acclamation embarrassing.
My potential can carry me
only as far as charity
and so few will feel sorry.

Lauded hardly in deserving fashion.
Imagine the traction
of searching for distractions
while the world around you
elicits reaction
to things I pretend to achieve.

There is no reprieve
when your dream
is to scheme
and the outcome
you are far from
while holding it in your hands.

Much of it I can't stand
yet much of it I exalt.
So much of it in my hands.
















So much of it is my fault.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment