Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.2 Of 30: Ransom And Royalty"

"Ransom And Royalty"

I'm no throne to you.
If you find the phone,
then you can call home....
The view is never far gone
from what it used to be.
That's reality in curves.
Singularity unnerved.
Watch you step
and
catch the swerve
like a center fielder.

Manipulative feeler
of feelers
and thinkers
and drinkers...
....all the troubled minds.
Heads not high enough
above water.
Washed and left behind.
Tall order for the pretentious.
No longer contentious.
More like contemptuous.
Loathsome in reflection.

Your detection of somber thoughts
far easier than initially perceived.
Hard to conceive a life
without the other.
Act like you need each other.
Starve one and feed the other.
Cut one and bleed the other.
Mirror to the face.
Old fashioned disgrace.
Masking your distaste
at my eventual exit of this place.

I'm no zone for you.
No pit of purgatory.
No realm for those allegories
you've twisted into fair farces.
I am not your carcass.
You will find no remains.
Not a scrap.
Not a stain.
No more picking at the brain
for what morsels should remain.

I am no throne to you.
You will claim no seat.

I am no zone to you.
Forge your own retreat.

I'm not alone to you.

Not to you.





























This we cannot repeat.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment