Friday, May 1, 2015

"4.20 Of 30: Black Mist"

"Black Mist"

Risky

Whiskey


Miss me with
that missing business.
That
"won't you give this
another chance?"
This
time that we have
you
mention rehab
like
we have some sort
of issue or illness.
Will this
keep me in your company?
Do you
seek to comfort me
or just quench your conscience?

This subconscious a swirling blur.

I hear the slurs.
I feel the murmurs.
In passing time,
I've learned to
nurture this bottle
dormant or throttled
followed by another.
Letters from my mother
and a brother I seldom speak to
who tells his kids
"I keep you
away
because he's an
unstable alcoholic."

Called it
a "condition"
befitting the remission
that I'm told
has become a pattern.

So Risky

This Whiskey...

...my crutch.
My wheelchair.
With it I feel fair.
Without I'm impaired.
I can't fare.
I don't care
I
won't
care
about embarrassment.
This
80 Proof establishment within me
befriends me.
It
absolves the loneliness.

Only this.
A love that won't last
running fast enough
for me to
snatch
and
steal
and
grab enough
to get it back.

GIVE IT BACK!!
WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT?!

You had to fight?
Stayed up at night?
Your sheets are white.

Mine filthy.

Time is wilting.
I feel guilty
but will admit no weakness.
I
need....
...........
...... this...
.......this whiskey....
......... so risky.




























I miss.....
.............
.........me.

~ Society Of Poets ~

 ~ 30 ~

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment