Monday, August 1, 2011

"Futility (The Discussion)"

"Futility (The Discussion)"

I didn't want to argue.
I didn't try to ignore you.
I would never dismiss you.
Let's not make this an issue.

You wondered if I miss you.
I leave you there to wonder.
I cast your cares asunder.
Your penance for your plunder.
You swear that it was blunder;
but I won't let you duck under.
Plight can't hide from lightning
and you can't dodge the thunder.

Why do we have to argue?
Why care if I ignore you?
Why shouldn't I dismiss you?
Why is this the main issue?

Peculiar to see how much you care
although you use it as a crutch.
This proves that you were aware.
No one forgets that much.
So often, you said "Wait up."
You let me sit and stay up
only to leave me stood up.
Go ahead and raise that hood up.
I want to see the face
that I've longed to see before.
Show that sullen disgrace
of knowing you could do more.
Let those tears elude your face.
Let that sweat escape your pores.
Give me more pain to view.
Show me the shame you've stored.

I don't have time to argue.
You give me reason to ignore you.
You make it easy to dismiss you.
I'm done with this issue.

I'm in no mood to do this
So
we will never share congruence.
Now
Don't say you are respectable
When
The neglect was unacceptable.
Please:
Let's not make this a labor
So
Just do us both a favor
and
Leave some silence for me to savor.

We will have nothing planned.
You don't have to understand.
I don't care to reprimand.
I just want to rinse my hands.

Thanks for the eyes.
They've helped me see
that what was meant for me
never really involved we.

Thanks for the feet.
They've helped me to stand
amid the heartbreak and defeat.
Without you, I'm still a man.

Forget about the years.
Forget about my tears.
I'm not what you hold dear.
Just drink another beer.

Don't think about the needs
of prematurely planted seeds.
Just fall back. Concede.
Sit back. Smoke some more weed.

Don't inquire about my direction.
Don't ask if I have protection.
Impart no interjections.
Make no amends for rejection.

Don't cite the introduction.
Don't fret the repercussions.
Pardon the interruption.

Just close the door.
I don't want to talk anymore.
End of discussion.

Goodbye, Dad. <3

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz



No comments:

Post a Comment