Monday, August 29, 2011

"Everlasting Flicker"

‎"Everlasting Flicker"

"I've often found myself
Bypassing the introduction.
I've become far too content
With ignoring the production.
I like being behind the scenes.
I rarely follow the instructions.
If I see no justified means,
I'm sure to question the conduction.

I've been told that it's unhealthy;
But I need to feel secure.
Some say I'm way to stealthy;
Citing my efforts as obscure
But they don't know what I've endured.
They don't know my heart's condition.
Never again will I allow myself
To embark on dangerous missions...."

....it's definitely hard to listen
When I repeat those words.
I now know how you feel
After hearing what I heard.
The timid nature of my speech
And insecurity in my tone
resembles a man far out of reach
Who can't see that he's not alone.

All this deducing.
All the perusing.
The emotional bruising.
I was so afraid of losing;
And I still am, to be honest.
You're priceless:
The closest I've ever come
To a happiness that feels timeless.
Less time should be spent
Pondering that which I resent:
Words spoken and exclaimed,
Ultimatums that were proclaimed,
Overt detection of your inflections,
All of those redundant question games,
My addiction to predictions
That have often become an affliction,
Composition of dark diction
Layered with intensive conviction,
And every time that I've claimed trust
Only to adhere to contradiction.

I want to clear the air.
I know I can't repair;
But I will no longer impair.
I want to climb these stairs
And know that you'll be there.
I want to gawk and stare
At a beauty beyond compare.
I'll strip myself completely bare
Of every single accusation
That claimed you as it's destination.
My penchant for such inclinations
Will no longer render implications.

I just want we.
I just want you to see
That what is meant to be
Will not be dashed by me.
Remove your feet from jagged bones.
Trot across these cobblestones.
No more night lights alone.
Shine bright atop your throne.

Love comes at a steep price;
But I won't make it your vice.
Don't worry about thin ice.
Don't make the truth look nice.
Just share your heart with me.
I want you to feel free.
Let's both do our part to be
What the world should want to see.

I need you to be aware
That I'm not going anywhere.
I need you to believe
That I'll always try to be fair.
Without you, I can fare;
But I likely won't fare well;
So I don't want farewell.
That's the closest semblance of hell.

I have much left to learn.
I still have trust to earn.
I don't want to cause concern
That may resurface in the long term.
There's nothing more to discern.
I've waited so long for my turn
To preserve a love soaked wick;
Gaining strength as it slowly burns.

Even after I'm in a casket
Or tightly packed within an urn,
Our light will remain placid
And our fire will not be spurned.

I promise.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment