Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Conscious Chemicals: Elixir #11: "For The Love"

This heartfelt devotion
makes puddles out of oceans.
That may be hard to believe;
but try to understand the notion.
This is much more than promotion.
It's stronger than any potion.
Fresh ideas and raw emotion
mixed well and set into motion.
Literature is my life.
My heart beats through composition.
You don't see the toil or strife.
You just call it competition.
You can adhere to that mood;
but don't call me "that dude."
I'm not all nice. I'm half rude.
The other half is that smooth.
I don't battle. I don't diss.
That takes time that most miss.
This open mind and closed fist
Puts such petty things on the black list.
I just keep to myself.
I know we'll all need help;
but if you can't help yourself,
you'll sit alone on your own shelf.
I'm not the big deal.
I just stand still
as a man blessed with the skill
to creatively express how he feels.
Truth is: you really can't deny;
although you're welcome to try.
Sit there and wonder why
whilst I grow and pass you by.
This vessel can't be dismembered.
The shell is strong. The words are tender.
One day, you will remember
that this man is no pretender.
I don't write for profit
and I'm not a lender.
If you don't like that,
then return it to the sender.
This is my literary address.
I've written enough love letters.
You don't have to say I'm the best.
Just admit that you don't know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment