Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Conscious Chemicals: Elixir #4: "Escape From The Doghouse"

Just saying....
....can I....

Stay the night?
I mean
You did pay for this flight
Only to hug and kiss me,
Show how much you miss me,
And then randomly fuss and fight.

Can I make it right?
How did I make it wrong?
I'm playing your favorite songs.
I handled the salad with tongs.
I even threw away the bong.
Why is your silence still prolonged?

I'm just saying.
Quit playing.
Why play hard to get?
I'm no half wit.
I want us to work
But I know when to quit.
I won't beg for scraps and bits.
I'll get over it....

.....but baby.....

.......Just saying.....

.....can I......

Can I get close?
Can I touch it?
Just a few times?
Can I share these words with you?
Just a few lines?
Can I express how I feel?
Can you see that I'm for real?
Can we close the deal?

I'm just saying....

I know you're mad
I'm not downplaying;
But I won't be here for long;
So we should stop delaying.

So can I have another chance?
Can I try to make it better?
Can we share one more dance?
Can we please pull it together?

If you say goodbye,
I won't ask you why;
But I'm just saying....
.........can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment