Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Inadequate Fragments"

"Inadequate Fragments"

Don't look at me.
I'm not what you want to see;
Although you pretend to be
What I feel is good for me.
You look me in the eyes.
You tell me all these lies
And I continue to try
When I should just say goodbye....
...but you won't let that fly.
You refuse to let me go.
You don't see the tears I cry.
You won't allow me to say no.

Don't look at me.
Don't take my mask from me.
I perform these tasks for free;
Yet you still embarrass me.
You flaunt me in front of men.
You taunt me again and again;
Making bets with all your friends;
Already knowing that you will win
Because I knew better than to resist
And you never would desist.
You just take me by the wrists
As you repeatedly persist.

You don't look at my face, though.
You just pick up the pace
Before inviting them in for a taste.
That semblance of intimacy is replaced
With a God forsaken rush
Of hands that violate and touch.
You demand that I hush.
You say I don't deserve this much.

Don't look at me.
I resemble mold and mildew.
You get me to befriend you,
Invite me to the venue,
Make me a part of your menu,
And then pull out the Ginsu.
You stab me with your blade.
You smack me with your glaive.
You enlist me as your slave
And demand that I behave.
You mock me; say I'm the knave
And beat me until I cave.

Don't look my way.
I've had quite enough today.
I just want to run away.
You say it's best for me to stay.
You keep me at bay.
You keep me decrepit and filthy.
You look at me and turn away;
Making me feel wretched and guilty;

But I can't let you get away:
I refuse to rue the day
That you no longer want to play.
I'll fix it. I'll make a way.
I'll make you stay.
I'll give you more.
You tire of the slut?
I'll give you the whore.
You hate my guts?
Would you fancy the gore?
Are these tears not enough?
There's no sweat left in these pores.

I'm ashamed. Look away.
I'm rotted to my core.
Drugged up and dragged around,
You now leave me on the floor:
Run down and roughshod
Among moist gowns and dust clods.
But if you promise to stay with me,
Request whatever and I will nod.

Don't condemn me.
Withhold your sod.
You have free reign:
You can still poke and prod.
What do you mean by overdue?!
Why would you want something new?!
For years on end, I've remained true!
Don't leave me! I still need you!

Please.........
......I'm sorry.
I know that was hard to see;
I care about how you view me....

But please: Don't look at me.
I am grotesque in sight.
I detest the light.
I still don't look right.

Don't turn around.
I resemble mutts and hounds
That don't make it to the pound
Before their corpses are found.

Don't even take a peek.
I'm no longer what you seek.
I feel numb and weak,
My flesh wounds surely leak,
Infected lungs smell and wreak
Upon diseased tongue and cheek.

Shield me from the sun above me.
I am repulsive. I am ugly;
But I know that you still love me
Although you never kissed or hugged me.

Look at me now!
I invite you to see
How I can get closer to you
By just taking away from me!

It's so simple:
I don't have makeup or stencils;
So I'll hack off the dimples
That have housed my pimples.

There are gashes in my legs;
So I'll just do us the favor
And remove these hairy pegs
That have never seen a razor.

I'll be your charm
As soon as I lose these arms
That have been badly bruised.
You no longer have to harm.

Don't you see?
I didn't do this for me.
I just really want us to be.
All I really want is we........

......why won't you look at me?
You say that I'm dramatic?
This isn't how you planned it?
You say that I look tragic;
But we have so far to go!
You want me to be stagnant?!
I have nothing left to show?
You won't accept my fragments?

But....
.........
Baby?
.........
Why?
........I need you....
........I love you.
Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment