Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Warmth In December Pt. 3: Come Closer, Baby"

"Warmth In December Pt. 3: Come Closer, Baby"

Racing past my fears
Like I haven't had it in years.
I can't help but cry;
But I'm laughing through the tears.

Pestilence and plague.
Your love my daily swarm;
But you no longer harm.
I've never felt so warm.

Racing past my fears…………

Legs churning.
Arms burning
Half as hot as the stains
Splashed across my brain.
Branded without bandage.
Sandwiched.
Thoughts tattooed atop the bruise;
But I still choose to cruise.
Running hard for a taste.
Can't key in on my pace.
Longing for your grace.
Willing to give chase.

Like I haven't had it in years…………

Like eight days,
Nine hours
And some change
Never happened.
Like I don't think back.
Like I can't retrace.
Like I can't link tracks.
Like I can't recall.
Like I don't remember:
That night in early December
When you took me in
Like I can't brave the winter.
Like we didn't revisit.
Like it wasn't explicit.
Likened to a rendezvous
Of the clueless and exquisite.
Like I never ate it up
Just to drink the juices.
Like you never gave it up.
Love, we never tied the loose ends.

In a rush for the touch.
Full speed for the need.
We planted the seed;
And I'm still ready to feed.
You still left no lead.
Won't answer your phone.
I hope you're still home…………
…………I hope you're alone.

You just can't move on.
You can't ask for more.
I want all of your warmth.
Embrace these open pores.
Freezing from profusion.
Shaken to the core.
Not from weather but confusion:
What's with this open door?
Glass on the floor,
Drapes left in shreds,
And a body slashed and scored
Rests within your bed.

I can't help but cry…………

Wishing to ask you why;
But you won't open your eyes.
I'm searching for the grace
As blood eludes your face.
No tact. Little taste.
Limbs severed and displaced
Like a rag doll fit for waste.
Too much to replace.
Deep cuts in your wrists
Where your hands once were.
Tongue removed smooth
Like you spoke too many slurs.

Who would dare to?!
Who would bear through
Stripping you bare to
Bind and ensnare you?!
What degree of twisted fascination
Incurred your numerous lacerations?!
What hunger for satiation
Involves your gross decapitation?!

Throat sore from screaming;
So I should start screening:
Look for signs of scheming.
Man, I must be dreaming……
……envelope near your waist.
My name on the cover.
This is your handwriting:

"To my twice lost lover:

If you're reading this,
I hope it's read aloud.
I don't regret that night.
I've never felt more proud
To give you what you've missed.
Each familiar kiss.
Every indecent wish.
Moments held in bliss.
I truly did want
You to ask for another;
But after you left,
I couldn't hide my blunder.
Time alone left me to wonder
If things had really changed.
Our love so misconstrued,
My heart was always strained.
I couldn't take the pain.
I wished to end my life;
But I had to tell him first.
I was a faithful wife;
But after tasting you again,
I knew that it all would end.
Painful wounds we couldn't mend
Was more than I could fend.
I wouldn't even pretend.
It was written on my face.
I implore you. Do not defend.
You've no need to make haste.
That night when we were together,
My soul rived in sigh and swoon.
We are bound to have forever.
You will see me again. Soon."

But I'm laughing through the tears…………

Sheer hilarity.
Chock full of chuckles
As I felt his knuckles
against the side of my head.
Fell next to you in bed.
Hand clutching your love letter.
He grabs his cleaver from the dresser.
I swear I've never felt better.
I can now grin
Without having to bear it.
Broken skin scars my chin.
He forcefully tears it.
Howling heartily from my lungs
As the blood leaks out.
Surprised he didn't take my tongue.
I just cackle and shout.

What's this all about?
You honestly can't see?
I suppose not since you're gone.
I am finally free!
No longer lustful and lonesome.
No longer held hostage.
I no longer feel the bondage
Of wanting to pay homage.
I ran back to you.
He crushes my ankles.
I reached out for you.
Loose limbs just dangle
Over my side of the bed.
The bottom line?
I was already dead.
That's the punchline.
What more needs to be said?
You've killed me twice already.
I can now lay near your body
Without the tension getting heavy.
My scars sore and sweaty.
I'd get closer if he'd let me.
He just continues to displace
But this smile stays on my face.

Gave my life for your grace.
I don't regret the chase.

I'd still race past my fears
Even if it took years.
I no longer have to cry.
I'm smiling from ear to ear.

Our past was pestilence and plague;
But we always welcomed the swarm.
Now that' there's nothing left to harm,
I swear I've never felt so warm. ♥ †EVL

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Ok, surprise ending, but oh so well played...this might be my fav piece by you!!!!

    "In a rush for the touch.
    Full speed for the need.
    We planted the seed;
    And I'm still ready to feed.
    You still left no lead.
    Won't answer your phone.
    I hope you're still home…………
    …………I hope you're alone.
    "

    PERFECTLY done!

    ReplyDelete