Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Warmth In December Pt. 2: Let's Try Again"

"Warmth In December Pt. 2: Let's Try Again"

It's been a week.
One week,
an extra day
and nine hours.
wind chill on overkill.
My fifth cold shower.
Uncomforatble heat.
Tingling feet;
but no numbness.
Just pain.
Smashed my window pane.
Still on my brain...............

Insane? Hardly;
But I'm on the brink.
I can't have a drink
or even dare to blink
without you sitting there.
Over there.
That chair.
It's not fair.
Threw it out two days ago.
Dug it out yesterday.
Always found a way
to make sure that it stays.

That chair.
That's where you would embrace me.
You would say "Just face me, baby."
and then proceed to taste me.
Whiskey on that dresser
that you used to chase me.
You consumed me whole,
took three shots and said "So tasty."
You complicate me.
You make me hate your guts.
You make me miss you dearly.
I'm not thinking clearly.

Of course there is no discourse.
We used to keep in touch.
Never could forget the rush.
Caught up in the rapture
of one willing to run faster
for nights of love and laughter.
I would move at blistering pace
just for moments dipped in grace.
Dredged, dunked and splattered
like upholstery never matters.
Such a lovely mess.
Onlookers were impressed.

I can't break away.
Called you yesterday
and three nights before.
Maybe you had chores.
I'm even a fiend
for your answering machine.
Prince may become rogue.
King misses his Queen.
Couldn't be much further.
I want back what we once nurtured.
I'll do away with the charmer.
I want us to be warmer.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. "That chair.
    That's where you would embrace me.
    You would say "Just face me, baby."
    and then proceed to taste me.
    Whiskey on that dresser
    that you used to chase me.
    You consumed me whole,
    took three shots and said "So tasty.""

    I mean really.....this is PHENOMENAL!! Love it. I've been seeing a trend , must be the fall approaching, every one is longing for those old flames. hmm?

    ReplyDelete