Friday, September 7, 2012

"Four Hundred Year Notice"

"Four Hundred Year Notice"

Might just leave early.
Might just leave yearly.
I think I'll quit today.
Time to get away.
There's something to say
about the extent of my legacy.
Dove into black seas
and made it easier to see.
Brought hypocrites to their knees
so that the critical would see
that mantles aren't hung from trees.
Innocence will not be seized.

I am not example
or the mantle where it rests.
I am not the answer.
I do not see tests.
No rope binds my ankles.
No opposite angles.
I crush weeds that tangle.
I will not be dangled.
I am art in fact.
Not an artifact;
so I can walk away.
I'm not on display.

I'm not here to stay.
I'm just here to say
that this is my last day.
Don't call me "Runaway."
I devour labels.
I will not enable
the flaws found in your fables.
Your books are on the table;
but the message I convey
will never fade way.
Your words aren't worth the pay.
Please enjoy your day.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment