Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Warmth In December Pt. 1: Old Time's Sake"

"Warmth In December Pt. 1: Old Time's Sake"

Can't help but listen.
Smooth emissions.
Acute addiction
To this new edition.
Thought my latest mission
To be born of dilemma.
Caught crazy signals
From your chopped up antenna;
But I've always been fond
Of the fuzzy transmissions.
Eloquence only comes out
When I visit the dugout.

I greet you from the outside
With wet hair and cold air.
I know it's warm inside.
I've been there before.
I've come back for more.
When you open doors,
Clothes crash to the floor
As you embrace my pores.
Such a lonesome chore
Just trying to stay at bay
Especially when your efforts
Won't force me to turn away.

Passion still mean.
Procedure messy but clean.
Skin smooth as cream
And I'm ready for the milk.
Sheets dress the scene
And it's not even silk.
Thought I was gonna dry off;
But you let me ride off:
Moving about familiar plains
Like this land has no name.
I still follow suit;
But it doesn't feel the same.

Was inclined to believe
That a woman's water works
Contingent upon the harder work.
What is this that you purport?
Barely even a slight graze
And I could swim for days.
Nothing found of malaise;
But you're so easily dazed.
Lips slick and glazed.
Passion fruit so tender.
Couture leaves your contour.
I lay deep within the river.

What the past delivers
We find ourselves willing to claim
Between lips that quiver
And remaining articles maimed.
I've missed you so much.
Please don't stop now, baby.
Out there I chase lost times.
Herein lies my lately.
Against the same walls
Where pictures still fall.
On the same counters
We once roved between showers.

Home isn't mine.
Never felt so fine.
This isn't my place.
Feels good not having to chase.
You don't have to cry.
Never said goodbye.
Those dismissive sighs
Won't mask yearning eyes.
Even the sun itself
Won't quell the sting of winter;
But at least I got to feel
A night of warmth to remember.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Had to come back and read. Love this!!!!
    "What the past delivers
    We find ourselves willing to claim" PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete