Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Intergalactic"

"Intergalactic"

I had to turn my head
On an angle just to see right.
Could've hid my face; but instead,
I let you blind me with your light.

You're out of this world.
Where did you come from?
Your existence is minimum.
Your rarity is premium.
Time space continuum?
Could I still be dreaming?
You say I fit your curriculum.
There's no need for screening.

Maybe I am a case study.
I'd gladly be your subject;
I'm so delightfully objectified;
So why would I object?

Can't fathom how this feels.
You sure you're here for me?
This is simply unreal.
It's still too bright to see.

I've wondered what would be
Should we ever come in contact:
Would I follow willingly
or find reasons to retract?
Not like I have a choice.
My decisions hardly matter
When such a lovely voice
Imparts endearing chatter.

Elements gather when you talk.
I swore this was a fallacy;
Because I don't even hitchhike
But I'm wrapped within your galaxy.

You've that supernatural rhetoric.
I take in everything you say.
I may never walk away.
Let's make forever our first day.

Listen.
Your glowing skin
And silky sway
Makes me crave you
In the worst way.
Drown me the milky way.
Smother me.
Make me want to stay.
Make separation a hardship.
Remove it from my logic.
Replace it with soft lips
Wrapped around identifiable objects.

You're special.
Not like endangered species;
But more like extraterrestrial.
How dare I be so skeptical?
How could one be so critical?
Why latch on to cynicism
When such a lovely individual
Dashes all of my criticism?

I've showered in the sun's rays
And swam freely through the moon;
But I never dreamt that one day,
The universe would make me swoon.

Under God's concentration,
The stars were formed and aligned
To create beautiful constellations
In honor of his design;
But if his endless power
Was never clearly defined,
I'd show you to the planets.
Your grace will be the underline.

It would be presumably tragic
To say you're merely magic.
Kiss me through the static.
I'm done with temporary.
Let's make love automatic.
Feed me til I'm manic.
For you I'm a fanatic.
Blood rushes like I'm frantic.
I need you like a cure.
I want you like an addict.
You're light years past pure.
Your love is intergalactic.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment: