Friday, June 29, 2012

"Wrath Of Phoenix: Firestorm"

"Wrath Of Phoenix: Firestorm"

One step and I'm wet.
No regrets.
Just a few showers.
Feels like new power.
Exponential omnipotence
Increasing with each passing hour.
Bred of nightmares.
Bad dreams.
Cold air.
Long screams.
It's hard to stay within means
When you're soaked to your jeans
And you're afraid to flee the scene;
Feeling dirty when you're clean.
Familiarity is shame
When someone mentions their name.
The grief is hard to tame
When you take part in the games.
When you feed yourself the lies;
Holding on to what will die,
Stomach filled with tears you cry;
But you say they're butterflies.
Dry eyes are once again stained;
But I no longer feel the pain.
Rage is all that will remain.
I've found vengeance in this rain.
Beaten. Bludgeoned. Bloody. Bare.
Her drops gently rinse my hair.
Scornful soul of silent stares.
I have found someone who cares.
Streaks of light scratch through the skies.
I no longer wonder why.
I look high upon her grace.
She washes my face and eyes.
Can't recall when I last cried.
I've grown fond of flying high.
Moist air sings from silken wings.
Icy frost that used to sting.
Was once such a feeble thing.
Thought to be weak and frail.
Loosely bound in string and rings,
I found freedom in her hail.
Frightened faces flushed and pale.
Pleasant plains rough shod and ravaged.
Whether saved or bound for hell,
None are exempt from the savage:
Trials of torrents wreaking havoc.
Embers shimmer bright and warm.
Hearts will cower. Flaming showers.
Every soul exposed is harmed.
Every life is proven valid.
All will suffer through the swarm.
She will dictate who is salvaged.
What remains burns in our storm. †EVL P†F

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment