Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"The Forsaken"

‎"The Forsaken" 

Chase another thrill. 
Needs I can't fulfill. 
It takes a lot of skill
To go against one's will.
The method appears simplistic;
But the process is proven hard
Because I'll always be the headline
That feels like an under card.

Face another time.
Find another way.
I refuse to face my crimes.
I'll return some other day.
I'd rather run away.
Truth will chase. I will flee;
Because nothing I could say
Will remove my past from me.

Do it in your face.
Catch me if you can.
Try your best to keep pace;
Because I don't adhere to plans.
Rough, rugged and overran.
Expelled, exiled and banned.
Binding twine between their fingers
Before they swing from ceiling fans.

I am not fulfilled.
This lifestyle is boring.
What am I to beg for?
Why so much imploring?

This is not an allegory.
Believe that this is real.
There's no clear cut category
For the way that I feel.

Gather.
Get the crowd going.
Travel by night
And conspire by morning.
Wind still blowing.
Rage still growing.
Weapons barely showing
Among the lost and unknowing.

Scatter.
Get the blood flowing.
Let it spill fresh.
I don't care if it's snowing.
Tears start falling.
Bodies start crawling.
They drag as they scream;
But no one hears them calling.

I've never been inclined
To hapless means of preservation;
So my reign will be defined
By my pursuit of desecration.
Absolute domination
Regardless of denomination.
Wreaking havoc and damnation
Across a multitude of nations.

Make them loathe creation.
They'll wish they were never born.
They fall subject to cremation;
Left forgotten and forlorn.
Hell can't contain the fury
Of one who finds himself torn
Between a deviant void of conscience
And a calculated mind scorned

Especially when the world is cold
But nobody wants to take in
One who cannot fit their mold
Or give something to lay stake in.
They called me ugly and old;
Said I'm disfigured and misshapen.
But if I outlive them all,
Who is truly the forsaken?

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. We all know them, some days I am the forsaken!! Nice write!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete