Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"[Jaded](Sincerity)"


"[Jaded](Sincerity)"


Fill in the chasm with words. 
Thingss that are fathomed when heard. 
Words you can see with your eyes. 
Healing the broken inside. 
I took some time to read
And learned how to plant seeds
Because digging up dirt
Isn't always about self worth. 
Earth is too wet to be dry. 
Mud will never cover up lies. 
The sun will surely shine bright
and strip the wicked of their might. 


Wild ways, 
easy haze, 
short gazes
Towards my way...
I am not fooled 
and I won't be schooled. 
On experience, 
I recommend you fall back.
You will surely fall flat.
Idioms contained in your fingertips 
to strip the tip of my top 
whenever I seem to trot.
Brother please, 
at ease.


I assure you: No fallacy. 
No fantasy. 
No falsehood or fabrication. 
I'm full verse. No abbreviation. 
I'm offering no inebriation. 
I'm not on a mission. 
Just examine my diction
Before refusing the subscription. 
I know you think it's fiction;
But I can help you raise the bar. 
Since you're keen on prediction,
Tell me if I've found a star. 


Melancholy glances 
with no second chances in mind.
I am bored, 
grown tiresome of your sways.




My, how jaded are you?
How shaded your view?
More faded than new. 
What's her name? What'd he do?
Such a shame to pull away
From a fan of yours
Who spent most of his day
Trying to get through the doors
Just to view the spectacle;
And once I were able to see,
I so badly wanted to be
A part of your grand divinity. 
I watch in awe as you blink,
Sit in shock as you think
And pour out much more love
Than can be held in one wink. 
You pick up your pen
And tell the crowd "make a wish"
As you carve words into the sky;
Sealing them with a blown kiss. 
You're amazing!
Don't you understand?
This is a fan gazing!
I not trying to be your man. 


Can't you think of 
anything better to say? 
Superficial ways of slick talk.
Quick tongue.
Jaded I am not, 
but I must say 
my heart is a rock:
Diamond in the rough 
and streaked like glass.
I can't help but not turn away 
when you're fixated on my ass.
Your words : discerning.
You look : airy.


But why do you stand there 
as if I am saying zilch
And making a mockery 
of what I say?
When we both know
There is nothing on display.
I wouldn't buy your words 
if they were the last thing 
on earth to feed my 
spirit made of gold;
Because sweetheart, 
I am priceless and cannot be sold.




If nothing else today,
You've certainly mastered miscalculation. 
As far as the assumed "fixation;"
Hey, I'm from the south side of our nation.
I repeat that my manifest
Has nothing to do
With how you're dressed,
what you'll wear next,
Or what you are concealing
That you think I'd try revealing.
I see past the lockets. 
Don't need you to line my pockets. 
The self defense is old. 
I know you're not sold;
But why would I be as bold
To try insulting you with gold?
All that line my pockets
Are ink pens and candy wrappers. 
My notebook and a photo or two
Is all you'll find on this backpacker. 
Yes, I dress dapper
And I enjoy laughter,
And have a way with words
As I'm sure you've heard,
But if I were that ambitious,
It would be coupled with envy. 
I'd be focused on your ending
Instead of our beginning. 
I've worked on a proposition;
But if you're unwilling to listen,
Stand aside with your pride. 
I'll leave you to your own vision. 


Tis not vision, 
but reality: 
of your formality of cussing
Foul words of perception 
upon my grace
And full lips upon my face;
telling you, brother man, 
that I am not phased.


Sister girl, so much more
Is made of this world. 
Everyone doesn't have a vendetta. 
Some just want it to be better. 
Your sky is filled with cumulus;
Dark colored cynicism and contradiction. 
You keep your vision. 
I just hoped you'd join my mission. 
My words promote the everlasting:
The constant churning. 
The slow burning. 
The steady pace. Not fast things. 
My conglomerate of scribes
Know that their impact thrives
On their ability to never cease. 
You don't like to be creased;
So I sought you out as a leader. 
I am a fan of many;
But I am first a teacher. 
I've admired you for years. 
Not trying to be a preacher,
But all that rain and hail
Can be used for those who fail
To see their true potential
Because they think they are frail. 
If you augment your judgment,
You'll see that I mean no harm. 
I'm not trying to charm. 
I just respect your storm: 
Winds blowing away the fray
In such an intricate way. 
They can promote the endless. 
Clarity can be a mainstay;
But once again, I say
That I'm willing to walk away
If you detect dismay.
Carry on with your day. 


Let me tell you something brother;
that is the only name you deserve, 
besides having a mother.
Son, 
is what she had, 
but a man, 
I think not.
It is your same sex 
that continue to flock
On helpless women like me, 
free and seemingly strong
Until your kind come 
and break us til dawn;
Tell us lies and deceitful mornings,
Turn into hurtful mourning's 
and potential hoardings. 
I collected my clouds with pride
To hide this brilliant sun that shines.
Underneath all this thunder
Is a lover: 
Passionate, wild and sturdy. 
If you speak of something different, 
show me EARLY.
Don't tug me into your world! 
PUSH ME, MAN 
and make me your girl!


Mm. 
Question not
What my mother had. 
Don't concern yourself
With the wiles
Of every brother being bad. 
I've seen the kind. 
I've even watched them gather:
Times where only loud laughter
Was offered to man bashers;
But that was another time
When we used younger minds. 
The past is never present;
So if you want my essence…
Come closer. 
Don't stand back
Once I remove this backpack. 
You claim to know me
As if I owe thee. 
You say "then show me."
I'm not the goatee. 
I'm not the gold teeth. 
I'm not the alligator boots. 
I'm am not twisted truth;
Aimed at winning you over
In hopes of taking you down. 
Not trying to bend you over. 
I don't want to break you down. 
All I see are these sounds. 
I'm not playing around. 
I'm the nerd with the verbs
That makes the most of his nouns.
Don't you see? 
Won't you be?
This is a part of me. 
The nest within the tree. 
The vest that holds this tie
That constantly catches your eye
Has nothing to do with why
I want to join you in this sky;
So kill the crass reply
And spare me the criticism. 
The chance for more will pass by
Those inclined to cynicism. 
If you think I'm weak,
Take a shot. Sit back and listen
And in due time, you'll be faced
With your easiest decision.


This is no invitation to perdition. 
Join me.


In one ear and out the other, 
because I've heard all this 
from previous lovers.
I'm sorry, buddy; 
but your cheap thrill schemes 
scream beams that fiend.
and like miss Anderson, 
I've heard it all before. 


And yet and still,
You line this door sill
As if you are waiting
In spite of words so scathing.
I truly don't know
What else you wish to see. 
I am naked in your grace. 
All I have is all you see.
No facade. 
No tricks. 
No puppet strings. 
No hidden sticks.
Your words live. 
My words thrive. 
Let's preserve forever. 
Help this art stay alive. 


What you men seem 
to not realize is that 
the only art we see 
from you is pain.
Dripping with disdain,
Seeping in our veins, 
we hold our reigns,
Pulling them back, 
to hold back, 
from ugly masks like yours
But I see right through you.
Do you not hear 
what I'm saying is to YOU?


What women like you can't see
Is that the great divide
Comes from what you want to see. 
I've no reason to reside. 
Your thighs I don't wish to ride
I've no desire to penetrate
Anything more than your potential. 
Face me. Stop trying to hide. 


To try is to fail.
To hide is frail.
I'd rather continue 
"doing my own thing"
And when I'm ready 
to fall flat on my face,
I'll remember your grace.




Don't remember me. 
Stave your memory. 
When you misplace your grace,
Do not think of he. 
He did what he could. 
You did what you would;
So with or without you,
Life will continue like it should.


Touche, my friend.


That is the only category I seek.
For the mere displays of wisdom peeks.


I wish you well
Although I wish for more. 
I pray that your prowess
Leads to all that is in store. 
I still want to implore;
But I respect your decision. 
Maybe the day will come
Hopefully within better conditions. 
Such a strong soul. 
Such a violent nature. 
Yet you maintain control. 
You, ma'am are truly favored. 


Written By: [Evelyn Rivera] and (Devin Joseph Metz)



No comments:

Post a Comment