Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Endless Winter"

"Endless Winter"

It's ok.
It's fine.
I don't need it.
It's not mine.

I don't want it to be.
Not for we.
Damn sure not for me.
Miss me with that.
Missed me? Called back?
When?
After the backtrack?
After you fell back?

Yeah. I felt that.
So fall back.
Go away.
Not today.
Forgot yesterday.
Could care less about tomorrow.
No tears shed.
No sorrow.

No emotion for you to borrow.
Just lots of nonchalance
Blended well with indifference.
Steep death sentence.

No knife in the back.
No dagger to the heart.
Help pick up the slack.
Let's rip it all apart.

Chop the head off.
Take what we said off.
The apologies have grown stale.
All debts have been paid off.

You owe me nothing.
We're done with the shuffling.
Breathe easy. No more suffering.
Hands down. No more bluffing.
No handcuffing.
No erupting.
Don't expect something.
I promise I'm not fronting.

Let go of the day.
Nothing more to say.
I'll push through today
And leave you to your ways.

You may resent this;
But it doesn't matter.
I'd rather share distance
That be forced to bare witness.

I feel witless.
Tired of grasping at straws.
Can't scratch with blunt claws.
I'm done with these laws.

There is no democracy.
Spare me the idiocy.
I do not require a bureaucracy
For what I wish to see.

So leave me.
Right here.
Goodbye, dear.
Don't fear.

It's ok.
It's fine.
I don't need it.
It's not mine.

I don't want it.
Not for we.
Not for me.
Don't want to be.

Don't need you to breathe.
I've okay under this tree.
Don't need the bed sheets.
Cold air doesn't bother me.
That umbrella wasn't free.
I don't mind the rain.
I'm a big boy, see?
I can clean my own stains.

I don't feel pain.
Can't relate to disdain.
Can barely fathom strain.
I truly can't complain.

No grievances to render.
No psyche to dismember.
Nothing is worn or tender.
Nothing left to remember.

Nothing to return to sender.
Gave it all back.
Early Fall leads to endless Winter.
Spring and Summer aren't coming back.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. The ebb and flow of this piece is right on point. I like the imagery of this piece. Nice Write indeed!

    ReplyDelete