Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Forever"


‎"Forever"


Seriously. 


Will this be the last time
That I have to deal with it
Or should I schedule more time
For us to revisit this shit?
I get tired of being reminded
About all that I do wrong. 
That's why when I'm out alone,
I "forget to bring my phone." 


I mean really,
I don't like what we're becoming. 
So often, we would argue
And fight over much of nothing. 
There's times where we'd be out
and I' address you as my baby
Until you show your ass. 
Then you become "some random lady."


I swear. 
This shit is crazy. 


Our arguments are so extensive,
We get lost deep in translation;
Not from what we don't interpret.
More from hidden inclinations. 
All those underlying fixations
To bring up the situations
That you know peak my frustration. 
Does it bring you satiation?


Does it give you satisfaction?
Do you crave this action?
Is this what you need?
Are you trying to feed?
Am I as sick as you are?
What more is left to say?
We're done talking today. 
Thought it would end this way…


…Right?
Right…


A few drinks with my friends. 
There you go; calling again. 
Instead of reconciling with me,
You ask what car I'm in. 
You accuse me of cheating:
"Who's the girl you're meeting?"
"I knew you were deceiving."
"Could've said you were leaving." 
So quick to grab the phone
And get one of your friends
To follow me around; 
Reporting places I'm spotted in;
But it'll be over soon. 
I've dealt with this for years. 
Feel free to sigh and swoon;
But I'm looking past your tears. 


Get up!
Get out!


You can scream and shout,
But there's nothing to talk about. 
You can sob and cry;
But I refuse to stand by. 
I don't want an explanation. 
I no longer care why. 
Don't waste time on presentation. 
I don't need a dissertation. 


I just want you gone. 
You say "we'll never be alone."


"We belong together. 
We will be forever."


I say "You've wasted your chances." 
You make gradual advances. 


You tell me that you need me:
"I won't let you leave me."


I've heard nothing more
Before you locked the door. 
You reach under the bed. 
My pistol is on the floor. 


"You try to leave out,
And I promise you'll bleed out."
I look at you like you're crazy. 
You say "I love you baby."
"You promised you would stay.
I can't let you get away."


Ok. I've heard your rundown. 
Now please. Put the gun down. 


Stomach churning. 
I've never felt so sick. 
Your bloodshot eyes burning
Like a freshly lit wick. 
You blow one final kiss. 
My lips begin to quiver
As the barrel meets your lips
And you gleefully pull the trigger. 


Til death?
Yeah. That's what I figured, too;
But I'm haunted by that day. 
I guess I'm still not over you. 
Maybe it was overdue
Or we weren't meant to be together. 
Either way, it remains true
That you'll be with me forever. 


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

2 comments:

  1. Whew....I was in suspense...horrible situation and you played it out perfectly in words...I love it!

    ReplyDelete