Saturday, January 30, 2016

"4 2 12"

"4 2 12"

You look delicious in teal
but it feels real
when you wear those black jeans.
Calling back fiends to the fix
with a hip switch.
I've an itch
that is more of an urge
to purge this distance between us.
Who's never seen us in action?
Passion apparent
like lack of a parent
ensuing child's play
on a much more deliberate level.
Polished my bezel before checking the time.
I find you're too far away.
Hard to play when
separated by confines.
Concubine misses mistress.
Distressed over distortion in portions
I hoped would never surface.
Purposely shouting you out
amid the whispers.
Gift of gossip we give
just to soothe their palate.
According to their average,
we've had our fair share of indecency.
Secrets shared by the lurkers
we identify as coworkers.
Further from a truth
that I wish wasn't a lie.
Goodbye for today
but take your time walking away
in those black jeans.


The black means so much unspoken.
Chosen among the myriad of names
I would ravage and maim
for their enjoyment.


Appeal in teal
for something more to reveal.
Concealed the clues hardly.
Alarming how obvious this risk is.


Vicious vamp,
they can't hold the lamp
or light the wick.


If I be encamped,
I'd be sure to stamp
until it sticks.


You make me sick.
You get me well.
You give me hell.


You make me swell.
I'd show and tell
if you never tell.


Yes.
This is real.




 















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

2 comments: