Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"To Drown"

"To Drown"

Submersion.
Dispersion of vital signs
splattered and scattered between ripples.
Crippling to recall the impact.
Intact barely.
Spared me no manner of forewarning.
Upon breach,
my free falling briefly becomes drift.
Why won't his angels
lift me up to the heavens already? 


I wasn't hard to see.
It's getting hard to see.
I'm working hard to breathe.
Losing the life I need.
Should my life be retrieved,
however,
I'd not think it much better
than this current state of affairs. 


Bogged down.
Tied down
by my limbs and my hair
unfair to unbalanced weight.
Comparing this slate
to that of the one placed upon my shoulders.
Holder of predicaments
hardly fit for low endurance
complete with the policy
and enough insurance
to ensure a profitable departure. 


Loathsome archer in his accuracy
practicing the kill shot.
Wrought iron still hot
as it stands still in the heart. 


Torn completely apart
From the possibility
that my probability of survival
could ever be truly favorable.
Choking it back as I sink.
It hurts when I blink
as a think of the gasp
that it would've taken to save me.
Love gave me some reasons.
Life just chimed in conviction.
Prescription of plague
I have sought to wash away
for years on end.
Even now,
my means aren't justified. 


Meant to hide beneath
but forgot that I can't speak
amid such deep cover.
Lover of the mist
whose wrists
are further from the shore
than initially anticipated.

Elated over refreshment
but the crash was unexpected
and I now suffer alone.
Made home in the futility.
Humility always catches up
abruptly
with something
to illuminate my bad ideas. 


Hoped that I would float
but the dead weight
obeys the law to the letter.
Thought better of the drive.
March of the parched.
I was desperate and thirsty
and now have more than I can swallow.
Vessel once hollow
has exceeded the brim quickly.
When I surface,
fix me
with the most delicate of laurels
but speak not of the misery
nor the victory I've failed to breach.
A life celebrated in lies
is one that can't be used to teach


So here I reach
but its too late to latch on.
Left you little evidence.
You always managed to catch on
before the scheme was complete.
No more flail in my feet.
Just my last thoughts discreetly shared
between my fading consciousness
and my fondest thought of you. 



















Such a beautiful deep blue... 

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment