Friday, January 29, 2016

"(In){Her}[Vision]"

“(In){Her}[Vision]"

Felt the weather blow in.
Not that I was searching
but I couldn't find the sew-in.
Saw her around the way before
but I don't really know when
I started paying so much
attention to where she's going.
Straight hair,
bright skin
and dark leather fit to her frame.
I would offer no disclosure
of her first name.
It was never just "Hi"
whenever she would pass by.
She sought to pique my interest.
Maybe even test my limits.
She would pay close attention
to every slight grin or grimace.
She was as timeless as the warmth
of the furnace in December.
Still in all, much recalled
was more than I'd like to remember. 


Beginner's conversing
worth rehearsing in the mind
quickly replaced in taste
by what musings she would find
worth the time to peel back.
Drawing near just to peer
before placing the seal back
and I'm enamored by the annoyance.
Her clairvoyance confirms as much.
Welcome distraction from the traction
of this daily race
I've yet to find my pace with.


Blinks
before waves
before speaking
weaving well
into handshakes
and meetings
where general fond greetings
become hugs
and warm embraces
where we barely touch faces.


Each invitation mulled over.
Not sure if coming over
would mean that I'd eventually
have to come inside.
Recalled her jokingly saying
that if I don't pull out,
I wouldn't get the chance to.
I guess it's funny
when I think of what the hands do
unprovoked even.
Fascination broke even
with her opinion of society
from impropriety
to advancement.
Rather cautious glance with
subtle questions used
to guage participation.
Emulation isn't her Forte.
She uses information as foreplay
for the eager palate
and I would eat it bland or seasoned.


Reasoned with like chemicals.
More freelance than clerical.
Hysterical the amount of labor
some would fake to gain her favor
as if she couldn't see through it all.
I'd imagine men sprawling
calling
crawling
falling over each other
just to reach out as she hovers.
Makes me wonder what I've ransomed
for this much of her attention.
Talkative as I am perceived,
I've made more time to listen
and we've been at it for months now.


The sleeves are shorter
and the leaves don't blow.
The apprehensive mind
converts to "Please. Don't go."
and "I'll be back a little later."
Couldn't have made her
more fascinating if I dared to try.
Once cared more for why
but now I'm here for more.
To explore her uncertainty
and tap into that yearning...
...well worth learning
how to earn this much..
In her touch lies conviction.
When the lies are tradition,
She would not hide the friction
and that's hard to see.
Love is time. Not commission.
Lack of time is contradiction
because the promise of her vision
is why I wait
and watch
and listen.



















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment