Sunday, February 21, 2016

"The Venom"

"The Venom"

No noise when
the poison struck me.
Poised to
be toyed with.
Coiled around
after being drawn down
to this ground.
This soil
that I have toiled with
in hopes of eventual release.


No peace when
the blood boils.
Foiled my foolish fervor.
Manic murmurs you've
picked out with magnets.
Tragic how much opposites attract.
Haven't learned to retract such statements
so you sedate and subdue.
Made some black of the blue
that I wished would remain.


Struggling in the rain.
A tussle beneath torrents.
Scores of sores
on open pores
marked more than the needle.
I need all that
I was told to steer clear of.
Depleted when heated.
Running a fever.
This ether will not dissipate
so I long to participate.
Can't dodge the snake.
Embraced the fangs.
My solid state
of brace and chains
and love for lower level.
Lonesome less disheveled.
How much is due
to me from you?
I'm patient with the Devil. 


Ooze and seep into veins
until I sleep through the pain.
My train of thought derailed.
Blackest water from the well
refreshing to the mild and murky.
Alert and wild
more than the child
before spanking.
Hanging from the edge of hurt.
Feels like dirt but
it tastes like cherries.
Buried in my thirst
are the varied of my worst desires
conspiring against me
for sake of tasting the depth of this.


This.......kiss.
This cold sweat.


This brush with death
that one with any iota
would soon wipe clean from the quota.


No cries when
the eyes dim from constriction.
Condition somewhat dire
as these snakes conspire
to wrap around my hips.


No sound escapes the lips
that have grown puffy and swollen.
Control then cast aside
with my pride scattered in crumbs
replaced by what now coats my lungs
and other vital organs.
Fell in love with the jargon.
Spoke easy to ensue this sacrifice.
Affection on ice
along with what little
you would reserve of me.


No nerve of me.
No endings.
Just traces of the administered.
Prior proof of dosage
but even in diagnosis,
my silence does not promote this:


Laying here poised
with the poison
trained through
strained through
this filter of veins
for my maintenance of vain
freshly smattered with stains
from the overflow. 


















Only you know better.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment