Friday, August 3, 2012

"Weave Through Raindrops"

"Weave Through Raindrops"

Soaked for years.
Faced my fears
With trembling legs.
Hobbling around misunderstanding
As if on pegs.
Blistering cold.
This moment is growing old
Yet I never felt so bold.

It's wet out here.
Open up the sky
And squint your eyes.
The inexperienced.

The unsettled.
Those lacking the precision
to make tough decisions
Must undergo profound transition.
They shy away from cold
As if they'll always be warm.
They talk brash and bold
As if it were perceived as charm.
They speak the harm
But never braved the swarm.
The throwaway are washed away.
They will not survive the storm.

Wind dodges my face
As debris dances with grace.
Fragments twist and curl.
Remnants of the world.

A storm is coming.

Forecast called for clear skies.
They said nothing of dry eyes.
Clouds gather in midday
And we have nothing to say.
Hardly noticed.
Never talked about
Until the foolish unsuspecting
Inadvertently find out.

A storm is on the way.

Did it have to be today?
Why not?
There wasn't much to say
If it were any other day.
Now they look to hideaway.
Everyone won't get away.
Those looking to dodge the fray
Soon find ruin and decay.

The storm approaches.

As the gust encroaches,
The fearful surely scatter.
They hide behind the roaches.
Their plight won't go unnoticed.

The sky is dark.

Embrace the pain.
Gather scars and gashes.
Nothing left to gain.
Time to rinse the stains.

Time to part the sky.

We only blink our eyes
To rinse away past moments;
But when wondering why,
One can't release the torment.
That's why we have torrents.
Hearts that remain hardened
Can't fathom begging pardon.
They drown in their rage.
Swollen and surly.
Scorn and selfish.
Sworn to suffocating
From needless exacerbating.

The storm is what I crave.

Solitary soul. Singular slave
Yet I flow free.
Nothing marred in deceit.
No reason to remain discreet.
Standing in the street.
Dead center.
Willing sender
Of well wishes in the winter.
How I love her storm.
Been there through the harm,
Nights when it wasn't warm
And always kept her charm.

The storm understands me.

I walk against the gale
Instead of turning around.
The world is whipped and tossed.
My feet never leave the ground.
I confide in her current.
Compromise does not exist.
We represent the resurgent.
Beings this world could not enlist.
She won't impart neglect.
I won't withhold respect.
I know what to expect.
She used to graze my neck;
But now, I just pass by.
I've embraced my pain.
I don't run from rain.
Her teardrops rinsed my stains.

The storm will never die.

She will always cry
For those who stain their eyes;
But I'm just passing by.
Sit there and wonder why.
If you remain discreet
And stand behind those lies,
You will walk the streets
And never come back dry.

You see, I've soaked for years
And faced all of my fears
So when the storm draws near,
I stand next to her tears. †EVL

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. The story of this piece is brilliant. Imagery is masterful. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete