Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Self Exclusion"

"Self Exclusion"

Young blood flows
Through the baby veins
Of this old soul
That still recalls milk stains.
Childhood easy to trace.
Makeup of a slow roller
Moving steady in life's race.
Mind set on a faster pace.
No time left for saving face.
I've a few lines to chase.
Thoughts scratched and stained.
Residual remnants to my brain
And I've never felt higher.
My supplier is a constant provider
Of uncut cranial candy.
My dealer understands me.
My friends examine me.
They say I lack sanity.
Uncanny how words are maintained
and I still offer even exchange.

I was taught to serve purpose
With a side of confidence.
If one offers their opinion,
It should be laced with consciousness.
Garnish is forever relevant.
Spinkle some significance
Before you call it evidence
Lest you aspire to be derelict.
If that is the case,
Then call yourself a dichotomy.
Be the unknown enigma
And the divine prophesy.
Be the seldom informed hypocrite
With more than pebbles to kick
That couldn't tell substantial slump
From splinters in tree stumps.
What of me? Well I'm the maven
That resides in this haven
Beneath wondrous erogenous storms
That would turn down your money
To enjoy cold milk
With a few shards of honey.
The house protects me.
The rain is sexy.
I don't fear the dark halls.
The world looks like four walls
To those who love the court.
I'd rather keep two balls.
To those who pack much,
Sack lunch will be served.
I pack light for my flights.
Muses minister to my nerves.

Sharp wit and blunt phrase.
Misfit on most days.
Blend in at will.
Warm heart and true chill.
More concerned with the thrill
Than just a display of skills.
If sub par fits your bill,
Then aren't you yet fulfilled?
While you focus on that,
I'll relax and sit back.
Examine facts before assembling
Or words will never bear resembling.
Ignore the trill and stand still.
Onlookers key in on trembling.
So abrasive is the shrill.
Pensive is favored over defensive.
Promote a concept that is fond
Instead of just pros and cons.
Sense is only common when dispersed.
Knowledge spitefully withheld is a curse.
Some minds are soup kitchens
That dare to ask for charity.
Some are privy to clear vision
But refuse to seek clarity.

I represent the society:
Bright minds inclined to crown heights.
Royal lines of higher learning.
Lit wicks and pots churning.
Fair shares and boastful earnings.
Pockets emptied out. Gave up riches
To gain much more than the wealthy.
I sit among the healthy.
Nothing stealthy.
Too proud to hide.
Too present to parlay.
More willing to display
For the love of words
Than a crowded coffeehouse
Where a handful know your name
But still won't shout you out.
This is for we;
But we do it for you
To forge new avenues
And sharpen your point of view.
We're not paying dues,
More approachable than shrewd,
Probably won't make the news
And didn't ask to be queued.

We are old groomed
To become the new age
Of colorful hues
That walk across a stage
Of blacktop and concrete.
New feats flawless;
Performed amid awkward pauses
And those that deem us lawless.
Larger than the concepts.
Brilliance personified.
Rhythm standing in place.
More than movements occupied.
Sharp stones meet flat screens.
Nothing televised.
A world inclined to it's limits
Does not deserve to witness.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment