Monday, July 30, 2012

"In Confidence"

"In Confidence"

You say you don't know;
But I'm convinced you know better.
Your frequent freestyles
Flow fresh like love letters.
Was taught to see and believe;
But the display case deceives.
If I roll back your sleeves,
Your pulse provides premise.
Short abbreviations bred of more.
Novels galore.
Others will call it a bore.
I want to live in the store.
I want to hold hands
While we converse about past plans.
Your last man is of little importance.
Just divulge your dreams for reassurance.
It doesn't cleave to cry.
Free those eyes.
No sign of forfeit.
Loving tears trace a radiant portrait.
More or less,
I request the opportunity
to go toe to toe.
Let me challenge your stress.
No advantage is best.
No weakness is doom.
The playing field is level;
But two will leave this room.
Only darkness will remain.
You see, misery is vain.
She breaks the light switch
Because she can't clean the stains.
She won't break the chains.
She fancies shackles for bracelets,
Chokes herself with her necklace
And swears that it makes sense.
She wants your company.
You don't need to know why.
She'd prefer you didn't wonder.
Just lay down and cry;
But sunlight peeks bright
Beneath all of the shade.
Snatch off the sunglasses.
Toss them to the masses.
Exes might catch the shade
Like money shot magic.
The response will be subliminal.
It's not critical. Just tragic.
Not even worth your time.
Fine wine and expensive taste.
You're more than spare change;
So my receipt was misplaced.

You say you forgot about it;
But recall it all the same.
Barely chill. Hardly tame.
Lost the will to fight your flames.
Best believe I peep game
Without using the cheat codes.
I call it clairvoyance.
The kids call it beast mode.
Some women sharpen tone
In response to such things.
Others use warp zones
Searching for gold rings.
You crave me?
You want me
To enslave thee?
Pace it, baby.
Time is of the essence
And I know we're growing old
And I know that momma said
Eat up before it gets cold;
But let's savor the vittles.
Slow simmer before we sizzle.
Dial it down a little.
I just love to nibble:
Napkin rests upon your lap
As we exchange table scraps:
Misshapen morsels of mishap,
Fragments of flavored fancy,
Sherry and brandy spilled
Over a table stained with thrills.
Smitten with your glamour.
Warm from sips between banter.
You fit the crease of higher seams:
Closely knit within your dreams
Double stitched with aspiration.
How you peak my fascination.
Reluctant glances at my wrist.
I guess it's time to resign.
Would've fancied a kiss;
But a hug is just fine.
Peace signs exchanged.
We go separate ways.
A week passed by.
Spirits still high.
Bitters still bottled.
Room still glows.
Recent moments are never hollow.
My battery stays low.
Fell asleep atop my sheets.
Pillows strewn everywhere.
Subtle hints of your fragrance
And a hand full of hair.

So fervent.
So fair.
So beautiful.
You confide in me.
You request atonement;
But I'll never condone it.
No need to displace.
Nothing to erase.
Quit hiding your face.
Shame no longer stains it.
Display that loving grace.
Don't you dare contain it.
I stare at your smile
And get lost for awhile.
It resembles a vintage view:
Memories retraced and renewed.
Times of tranquility dashed
By such a dark past.
Lovely longing eyes.
Somber sighs.
Left hand cups your face.
Can't turn away from grace.
Soft skin grazes the fingertips
That gently trace your lips.
Illuminated scene.
Air crisp and serene.
Floor cluttered with worries
Cast among the jeans.
Remember when?
Me neither.
No need to recall
Anything past these halls.
We lay within these walls
With no salvaged regret.
Rest well, love. Never fret.
Live to forgive. Learn to forget.

It's been so long
Since I've heard your love song.
Guitar strings of neglect,
Piano keys worn and wet
From liquor spilled and slung.
Fell from a thousand rungs
Just to climb another ladder.
Thank me in the latter.
It's the morning after.
Just enjoy the laughter.
You feared love like the rapture;
But light shines from the rafters.

When the past is tragic,
We cultivate destructive habits;
But as long as you are willing,
I'll show you that life is valid.

I promise. †EVL

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment