Thursday, May 5, 2016

"Reactionary"

"Reactionary" 

Tall order for short measure.
You only notice when I talk reckless
and to talk reckless,
I need the checklist.
Checkered past
but a chest filled with pawns.
Floored on the board
and the chess is prolonged.
No vest on my chest
cutting through like the bishop
more ruthless than rook.
Castle with hooks
and never paid for the bars.
Real mean for my queen.
That's why the king has his scars. 


Still don't know who you are. 

More easily identifiable by far
than by most up close.
Recognition up to par
from the way that you boast
but what is noticed the most?
You only see me
when the back meets the ropes
and you're trapped
and you choke.
You would laugh unprovoked
as if I couldn't stay woke.
I don't sleep on subliminal.
The criminal caught
is the lesson taught
where few have listened. 


I guess tradition doesn't matter. 

I suppose I'm to be flattered
because you were just playing.
Right?
I romp and ridicule
and now you want to fight.
Right.
Took your night
and let today have a look.
Time frame for mind games
and still found time to cook.
You can't play by this book.
I wrote every chapter.
Wouldn't feed on knowledge
now you're starving after the fact..... 


........what remains intact is the fact
that you don't want me to release the evil.
You blink or sigh
or question why
and there will be upheaval.
Stabbed with the sharpest needles.
Wounds similar in dimension
that slowly drain what you've sustained
to invoke your ascension.
Lest I fail to mention,
I'm not one for boast or sport
so when I come for teeth and tongue,
consider it retort.
The spoils for such a chore.
Nothing less. Nothing more
and that's me being nice.
A meager price
just to settle the score
and before you gain sense,
I will have rinsed away the remnants.
Was offended that you'd try.
Thought at first to wonder why
when you know how hot the flame burns
in an instant for onlookers in the distance.
The one thing worse than a death sentence
is your existence
during my relentless persistence.























You can't prevent this. 

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment