Monday, May 23, 2016

"Turbulence"

"Turbulence"

Greed for the speed.
This much I don't need.
Exceeds and impedes
what was meant in my pacing.
Mind
like my legs
like my heart
just racing
and I'm facing more than I've explored.
I cannot afford under duress
so the stress I call progression.
I promised to learn the lesson
and apply it well.
Well said.
Loop I can't thread
when my tires fail tread
and hydroplane into the next measure.
Eyes locked on treasure
can't appreciate the distance
or the time spent bridging the gap.
Mishap of the shaken.
Mileage much mistaken
and my cruise misconstrued
so I've lost some control.
Sold on the search for the soul years after
when I'm close to the crash
and my first is my last chance
to brake and drive slower.
Nightmares of the smolder.
Afterburner hotter than a furnace full of coal
and you wonder why I signal.


Burned into my mental
are events instrumental to acceleration.
Elevation once a foregone conclusion
now resembles confusion in clusters
and short spurts I've not mustered
any sufficient resistance to.
Those who know knew less
and those who knew knew nothing
of my turbulent times.
Tumultuous times
where the line blurs
and my sight once sharp and stern
is but a distortion aggravated in increments
too well placed to be perceived coincidental
but who do I blame?
Time is untamed
and famous for the push forward.
Somewhat infamous.
Some of it I trust
but most of it has forsaken me.
Can't catch up to what chases me.
Trapped in steam and vapor dreams.
View less pristine awakening.
Time loaned taken away from me.
I can't slow down
so pray for me....


















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment