Monday, May 16, 2016

"Vino"

"Vino"

Acting like you lost the invitation.
Attacking like you weren't in the equation
when you took shortcuts
just to skip a few levels.
Walking back defeated.
Disheveled
and even more envious of the bezel. 


Why couldn't you just take yours....

Better with mine.
I'm better defined
and rather profound.
More effective when found
after all that is lost.
Attempts have a cost
yet you've tossed them into dirt
like it wouldn't hurt.
Rain helps with the pain.
The less that you know
while I soften the blow.
Always had more to show.

Thankful for distraction.

Our interactions critical.
The sad part?
This is vintage.
Rough on the eyes.
The uncomfortable image.
Uneasy.
Queasy.
Unbearable sight when we fight
where I let you be right
when I still wasn't wrong.
This is taking too long
but this is life prolonged.

Better with signs
to assist with detection.
Better outlined.
I could use some direction.
Tried self protection
but I've hemorrhaged lately.
Veins drain from the chains
to the ankles on an angle
and we both had to dangle
when it was time to step up.
Thought myself a step up
but you can't hide demeanor.
Air much cleaner
when I choose to concede.
You get the chance to succeed
but is that all that you needed?

Better when I'm
not willing to challenge the words.
You ask me what you heard
as if I were to flinch.
Teeth clench
like the fist does.
A kiss does
absolutely nothing for me.
Can't pacify the fruit
and expect fermentation.
At least when routinely pulverized,
I had reason for this fixation
upon the process of potential.
Convinced that the process was essential.
No easy sell presumably
since you knew me
and thought that I
would rather die
than be alive and alone.

Grapes aren't grown in such shade.

Should I fade,
please watch me wither
if you won't dare
impart as giver
to lend a hand
and tend to vines.
Your pride our trap.
We are confined

and the raisin wasn't meant to reach the water.

Better with time
that I've used on the specifics.
Richer with time
much to the chagrin of the cynics.
The clinic designed
to manage, process and refine
but I am small batch.
No use for tall vats and latches.
Threaten with matches.
I will be the year lamented over.
Functional tears tell of a fear
that you have taken over.

You see,
under the heat I smolder
but with the cold I build.
Dash of vermouth
to up the proof
so please indulge when chilled.
Every bit worth the field
where vines have grown in measures.
The rarest wine made over time




















and this life is looking better.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment