Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Mixed Drinks"

"Mixed Drinks"

Fell asleep in my recliner.
Woke up in deep water
Taking pride between thigh muscles.
Under Friday night lights,
We fight and tussle.
Maximum hustle.
Beautiful struggle.
Prettier than the face
At the center of my makeshift monocle.
Angular shots flash
From my photographic shot glass
Forty-five degrees for a playful pass.

Hands down.
Eyes lower.
Observe grandeur and lore.
Captain Morgan leads me to shore.
Softer than sand in the wind.
Ceiling fans above warm skin.
Circular rotations.
Uprising.
Ascension of fragrance.
Hormonal displacement.
Perspire with minimal patience.
Walk the line. Follow cadence.

Hug the bar top, pretty girl.
Hair covers your countenance.
Is there a lapse in confidence?
This was just round two.
That's fine.
Stick to the wine.
More Anejo for me.
You can sit through round three.
Who? Me?
Always a gentleman.
Gentle when I sip.
A handkerchief for your lips.

You say I'm a horn dog.
I like to think I'm a Land Shark
Swimming through Boston lager
Under your Blue Moon.
Can we leave soon?
They say aggressive drunks
Become Mad Dogs trapped in rooms
Where 20/20 vision can't resume.
Busy getting dizzy.
This one is fizzy.
You're feeling giddy.
Hours past tipsy.

Hugging this corner table
Like rungs on a ladder.
Exchanging farce filled fables
Amid short sips and laughter.
We spill, smile, hum
And chug spiced rum.
This receipt is a distorted feat.
Can barely compute the sum.
Chuckled way too hard.
Be nice to your bladder.
I'll wait right here.
We can head home after.

Your frothy mug is the truth.
We drank up the loot
So I bypass mandibles.
Member migrates past tooth.
Empty my champagne flute.
Stem twister ties the locks
But liberates hours of tension.
Don't forget the rocks.
My spirits carry more flavor
Than any lush could hope to savor.
You tip over the cask
And extract from the barrel:

Rub my Tom Collins
on your Shirley Temple
until I pop fast
like the contents of a shot glass
all over your pearly dimples.
Placement plain and simple.
Lather for your beautiful brown skin.
Lips display a cheerful grin.

Straws deliver cold servings
Of plum pineapple pear
Laced with pomegranate peach
Triple distilled 80 proof speech.
I remove your cold filter
To expose hints of warmth
Emanating from this service well.
Intoxicating taste. Inebriating smell.
I treat it well.
Generously dig in
Between shots of gin
Lips on sideways sway
From Amsterdam to Bombay.
Spread the bald eagle.
I'm reaching the Pinnacle;
Eating the cake and the icing.

On a limited edition mission
To alleviate your nerves.
Very special emissions
Say that you were reserved.
Hints of cherry and lemon-lime soda
But you're nowhere near sober.
No trace of innocence, surely.
Did you say your name was Shirley?
My name? Well, um…………
You can call me Evan.
I'm a brother from Bourbon.
My best friend is Jack Daniels.
He married Remy Martin
In Old New Orleans
But she left him for Jose' Cuervo
When he met Bacardi in Puerto Rico.

But anyways,
What more of you?
I enjoyed your long neck
And the glow in your hue.
Told you I'm a gentleman.
This isn't just a shake up
In hopes of smearing your makeup…………
……………………………………
……………then I wake up.

Was a glass sitting there?
Ringing wet hair
As I sit up in this lawn chair.
My flask is empty
And my bottle is bare.
Can't find my wallet anywhere.
It all felt like a dream.
No evidence of this affair.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I love the word play and the twist of events at the end!!!

    ReplyDelete