Monday, July 23, 2012

"Scrape The Sky"

"Scrape The Sky"


After hours in the grass
and I form fingertips;
pretending to capture images.
So used to this kind of intimate;
but not so much with you.
I wish to uncover you;
tiring of laying beneath
what keeps you so discreet.
I earnestly reach up high;
gently parting the clouds
as lovers would their eyes
in hopes of a better view.


I can't recall your countenance
or key in on what you resemble
but what happens in confidence
let's me know my hands are nimble.
I graze your fine skyline
like thread and thimble.
Your shape so fairly feline
but your skin smooth and simple.
Complex mental means and mixed dreams.
No solid semblance or scene.
Just faint reminders of slates unclean
sitting where the grass is green.


How poorly my memory serves me.
Truly unnerving.
Lord have mercy.
Forgive me.
I live lean;
leaving room for your saturation.
For the sake of fawn and fascination,
I ignore those who question maturation.
Some say you're a fabrication.
They claim that you aren't real;
but you transcend imagination.
I won't deny what I feel.


I let my hand linger
in the air like Gospel singers
or scorpions with sharp stingers
before I lick you off my fingers.
Such an amazing feat
I would proudly repeat
because your warmth greets my palm
with what tastes like expensive treats.
A milky way larger than Mars
better than milk chocolate marzipan
laced with maraschino marshmallows
dipped in Merlot and Moscato.


Dredged in syrup too sweet
for pancakes or waffles.
Dripping wild and free for me.
Deliciously coating fruit trees.
Magnificent decadence.
Such edible elegance
brings me to my knees
with an appetite Heaven sent;
So I've never had enough.
There's so much love to savor.
Extended hands are hardly labor
when reaching for your flavor.


I'll gladly be your skyscraper.
Keep me in your favor.
Time will never die.
With moist or dry eyes,
I will raise hands without shame.
I've no proof to claim.
You might not have a name;
but I love you all the same.
Thoughts of you shine bright
like street lights before the sun.
Even amid it's rays, I draw closer.
Make me your beholder.


Desire rests upon my shoulders.
I swear this air is colder.
The loneliness of weather
makes me wish I had feathers;
but I can only hope for wings.
This cold rain soaks and stings.
I'd relinquish worldly things
just to hear God's angels sing;
yet you just dangle on an angle.
At least that's how it appears.
I've stood on sheetrock and shingles
and I still can't see clear.


When I look up high,
can I scrape the sky
past the clouds that float
and the birds that fly?


When I look up high,
can I scrape the sky?
Collaborate with constellations
for a path drawing nigh?


When I look up high,
will you glance down low?
Will the planets align?
Will the galaxy glow?
Would God grant permission?
Would he allow you to go
to witness heartfelt renditions
of what I'll always show?
Can I show you forever?
With shoulders covered in feathers,
would you navigater weather
so we could be together?
If you have to leave,
will you ever come back?
I've rolled back my sleeves;
ready and willing to catch.


A gentle hiss flows
as the wind blows.
The softest of any kiss
never perched upon lips.
Dreaming of your hips.
Imagining your thighs.
From grassy plains, I take trips.
Mind slips and heart flies.


Onlookers will forever wonder why;
and until the day I die,
I'll chase that loving sigh.
Manipulate,
Navigate,
Excavate
till my life itself evaporates.
In search of you, I'll scrape the sky.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!!

    "Magnificent decadence.
    Such edible elegance
    brings me to my knees
    with an appetite Heaven sent;"
    Lovely imagery!!!

    ReplyDelete