Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Shine And Darkness"

Shine And Darkness


They say that it's extremely hard
to keep one's identity under wraps.
This is true. 
Perhaps;
because the truth was in your lap
and all you cared to do
was incessantly shout and clap
when your mind should be running laps.


You invite me to accompany
as you bask in your lapse;
but filling in your gaps
will never grasp my ire.
I've no degree of desire
to walk into such traps.
I'm a more intricate set of wires
and I've never been easily tapped.


I don't take part in bouts
in hopes of gaining clout.
Most find it optimal to stalk
in hopes of standing out
until someone will let them talk;
but the roads that some walk
tend to impede and balk
what they should really be about.


I'm too diligent and driven
to conform to your commission.
I'm well aware of my condition;
so I'm inclined to my own mission.
This loathsome world's finite list
of progressively pedantic positions
was all the coercion required
for me to employ this disposition.


My bright side wished to see
what this world had in store;
so he worked consistently
and even planted some trees;
but such an uninspired place
lacked the necessary consistency
to divert from dull tendencies.
Possibility now resembles contingency.


He's definitely had his fill
of mental overkill and predictability;
so he relinquished fleeing thrills
and now resides here with me.
He is every part of me
He and I are now we.
He favors the antithesis of secrecy;
but he is now my blatant mystery.


We are one fluid meshing,
but we are NOT the same.
He will pray for your blessing.
I'll intentionally forget your name.
He'll stand between you and strife
like raging water to a dam.
I would likely see you drowning
and find no reason to give a damn.
It's just a part of what I am.
I represent what you will see
when he has had enough
of what this place has offered we.


He will still walk among you;
but you won't see the change.
He may seem very near,
but he's so far from your range.
Light will only linger as long
as what it illuminates will follow;
but what your dormancy prolongs,
my shadow will surely swallow.
Even after his luster dissipates,
Your shallow ways will abhor sense.
It may take a desolate future
to liberate you from the past tense.
He has decided to cross that line.
He saw nothing left to harness.
You may have stalled his shine;
but you can't escape our darkness.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment