Monday, January 24, 2011

"Luminous Nocturne"

Luminous Nocturne


We haven't been here long.
We've no list of pet names;
no collection of favorite songs;
but what we have is special.
The purest intentions exchanged
between two shining vessels
That spill light into darkness;
increasing daily in high levels.
This disclosure is our delight.
It's the joy that we have earned.
What was dim will become bright
as we compose this luminous nocturne.




My wish to be left alone
was granted by that which
I no longer wish to hone;
so now I'm here alone;
but I'm never truly alone.
You're right here; walking with me.


I had to sharpen my vision.
That which used to house my view 
left it decrepit and distorted.
I've stomached enough; so in lieu,
I discarded what I thought was due
for a crystal clear view of you.


The path I forged out of love
for those of stubborn inclinations
was too cluttered to tread;
so instead: I've been led
in the way of your interest;
evidenced by all that we've said. 


My mind is far from blind.
It's own set of eyes
saw you in the midst
of "Wonder whys" & "potential lies"
because truth attracts such sight;
exuding a gleam that never dies.


None of this seems to make sense;
but I understand it still.
We're both aware of the pace
and are ready to move at will;
but we're not chasing a thrill.
Such a confusing, twisted pill.


This capsule that we swallow
makes us want to bask
instead of wishing to wallow.
We follow bliss; longing for a kiss
without any outright concern 
for what is potentially missed.


So what is left of this? 
The ride is certainly over; 
but the thrill is far from gone. 
Time is moving considerably slower 
and we don't have to go home...
........at least not alone.


This slow stroll has become 
our zone for new thoughts 
to be harbored in their varied castes: 
from potential to possibility;
which invoked this synchronicity
that is obviously void of simplicities.


Have we found solace in this mystery?
Sporadic seems steady. 
Unsure resembles ready. 
"Not yet" looks like "COME GET ME!"
We'll figure it out one day....
.........if we haven't already.


For now, all that is known
is how much we have grown.
We should likely take more time;
but this pace is our paradigm.
This feeling truly is sublime,
but we must adhere to fate's decree
and wait patiently for the signs
that our light allows us to see;


But if you are earnest and willing, 
I'll gather all I can muster
to keep the road that we travel
soaked in our radiant luster
and I will always aim to show
with every moment that we earn
how beautiful our path will glow
as we compose this luminous nocturne.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz



No comments:

Post a Comment