Monday, January 17, 2011

"Sharp And Hard. Nice And Easy."

Sharp And Hard. Nice And Easy.


I can't yet see sounds;
but I can taste words. 
Every single bit
of decadence I've heard
has been evenly dispersed
between lobe and palette.


Keep talking, baby.
I love the sugar sweet sound
of your profound adjectives and nouns.
Pronunciate and articulate freely.
Feed me.
Keep me.


Speak the words I favor
in a myriad of flavors.
I want to savor your verbs
like fresh herbs:
generously scattered across
my silver dish of cerebral desire.


I race home frantically
in hopes of sitting
at your table;
because I know that you
are the only one able
to serve such delectable conversing.


You tout such a stout
range of tantalizing terminology.
That's what you're all about.
I can't ignore your clout.
You're more than worth my acknowledging.


I'm drowning
in my own pool of drool
and still don't feel like a fool;
because your words
are of rare choice
and are enhanced by that voice.


That tone....
that sound....
constantly spinning my mind around
until I crash to the ground
and shatter into shards of bliss.
That's when I start to reminisce.


I recall.
I recount.
I am befuddled by the way
your lovely voice
coaxes me in conversing
and even more so in rebuttal.
It's ever so subtle.


So supple.
I don't even feel the need
to heed admonishment of trouble.
I walk blind and free to you.
Bind me with your vocal sinew.


I rive in anxious angst
as you tease me.
Your poignancy truly never
ceases to please me.
The words that you disclose
never constrict or squeeze me.
You project each sharp and hard;
but they flow so nice and easy.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment: