Friday, March 1, 2019

"I Can't Wait On Deliverance"

"I Can't Wait On Deliverance"

This plane is not high enough.
From this window seat,
my eyes can actually
look down on the skies
and still see way too much
below me.
Placed yourself there
purposely
as if to service the assumption
that I think I'm better than you.
I don't
but you do.
I don't stalk
but you do
through whichever means
will end in gaining my attention
regardless of whether justified
because a lie never cared
to concern itself with
whether or not the truth
was still standing there.


This train is not compact enough.
Crammed as much baggage
as my spirit could manage
as my mind could muster
as my heart would heave and lumber
but even in tiresome slumber,
I am awakened by the stabbing sensation
of you fighting me
nearly to the station.
Would smear your self conceived pain
across entire nations
if it would leverage guilt upon me.
Contrite when you call me
but boisterous in disagreement.
Can't seem to agree with
the difference
when your opinion you've made fact
and mine you've deemed a lack thereof.


Less pace.
More acceleration.
I never want the past
to keep up with the rest of me.
The best of me
while born in that
is not
in fact
tethered to anything
you would claim responsibility for.
Liability as blind
as the hand over the eye
will still have to confront the very fear
that demands that tears are cried
for every confidently crafted lie
told when you make a want a need
so cry until your eyes bleed
while I gain as much speed
as I can find serve with
but my nerves with
this swerve
and that curb
that neither of us could ever pass
only ensures that there will be a crash.


Even this car isn't fast enough
I guess.


Quickened by the desperation
of a long sought after separation.
These pills don't last long enough.
I'm still chasing the high.
This liquor isn't strong enough.
I've drank myself dry.
This patience isn't long enough.
I still often wonder why
my heart needs this much time
to let go of what I never wanted
to be mine to begin with.

If ultimately left to contend with
the all encompassing transgression
that is our pointless plot
of countless interactions,
I'd burn off the apprehension
and forcefully snatch away my ascension
because it goes without mention
that this life is not big enough
for us both to coexist in it.






















Don't be angry.
Don't be sorry.
Just be distant.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment