Wednesday, March 13, 2019

"Body Oil"

"Body Oil"

Your Scent.
Your Signature.


Similar to a familiar voice
choosing to speak to me.
Air moving about with care
as if your very essence
knew me
better than the mind ever could.
Never would mistake that smell.
Not one I've come to know so well
like a trail leading me back home.
Scent that has tone
when smeared across the body
that I'd privately
take the time to taste.
One inhale
and a faster pace
of heartbeats impart me
to chart the quickest way
back to your airspace.
In closed quarters,
I've enjoyed this scent
in places it wasn't meant for.
Spent more room on my palate
than your talent for placement
can permit you time for.
I'm more than a little obsessed
admittedly
and figured we
could make use of
what was left in that vial.


Can taste your scent for miles...
...Mouth Watering Signature


and I your replenisher.
Finisher of every morsel.
Parceled out to potential others.
Inconsequential lovers


but it stunk on them.

On you it hovers
like a feast after my famine
and this beast could not imagine
gorging until walls have dampened
if for the sake
you never happened
to walk in front of me.
Your scent comforts me
yet playfully tortures me.
Warmth I need
so I've sought for speed
and fought through beads of sweat
in hope that I'd net
just a hint of you.


Would love a fistful of hair
but just to know
you were once there...


Fancied the thought of us laying down
but just to know
that you were around...


Would love to see your face
but to breathe in
and recall the very taste
of a place where you once stood...


.....for a scent
a signature
to feel this good...



























...would you wear that again
for me?


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment