Sunday, December 16, 2018

"Heaven In Her"

"Heaven In Her"

For as long
as the lids
of these eyes
find reason to pry,
they will surely cry in the presence.
Essentially as intense
as the first time they looked past
birth
to a fashion of true desire
that I wouldn't understand
or seek for years later
because even in my infancy,
your intensity
was
and
is
the journey more treasured
than the destination.
Chilling the sensation
upon that first realization
that I've been aware of your existence
but have only recently met your eyes
so yes:
I will most certainly cry.
Labor in silence
and traverse through violence itself
for another glimpse.
I want to.
I want you to see
me
struggling not to blink
for the fear that I think
such a meager sacrifice
might push paradise
a lifetime or three further away from me.
No one else can see
why this matters to me
but I am willing to beseech
since understanding that speech
is a derivative of first sight
rather than the abrupt flight
of words premeditated.
Our encounter predating preparatory means
in any regard
yet
when I finally saw you to understand,
I felt you in my hand
held as tight as the light
gently washing clear my vision
of what these moist eyes
were purposed to witness openly.
Days stretched long and wide
between that first gaze
and hope for the next....
...surely thought the best
of rare occurrences would never
ever
compare to this experience
and ever since,
through joyful agony
it is you that I will seek
because open eyes
not parted lips
will recount the first time
that I felt God speak
to me.















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment