Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"The Imposing Climb"

"The Imposing Climb"

Voice suddenly ceased
behind my thickest layers.
The barrier. ...

Signal loss.
Dead tone.
No carrier for you to relay
what I've heard you say
more times than I care to replay.
We crumble.
Decay
with every unwarranted attempt
as if your interests at heart
were truly interests of the heart
after the start was faint and frail
where you would cuss between the yells
where I am burdened
to get a word in.
One meager sentence.
Your spite relentless
and I have run out of energy.
No curiosity to find
what new excuse you've had in mind.
I can finally stop
and breathe
behind this wall....


I thought we had a connection.
But you never cease to amaze me.
Maybe I read too deep into things.


No. I didn't.

You were supposed to
have my back but I retract
my previous statement.
Strategically placed slights
of the tongue audible to the heart.


Deafening.

I shall regain the time
that once was mine.
But it's quite trivial to go back
to make corrective actions now.
Serrated edged memories would
do more harm than good remembering.


I defer.

To cower back to my stopgap.
Momentary fix for what I truly want.
But that isn't plausible anymore.
So behind the wall I shall remain.


The membrane
that you believe breaks away
when you scratch and slam
through the curse and damnation
that you heave upon it
barely chips away
with what you do
and what you say.
Damage delays
and words decay
before they reach me.
Nothing more valuable
that you've sought to teach me
than the quality of silence
when violent means are stirring.
Insulting barbs you're hurling
cannot climb this height
and your flight is mismanaged.
Advantage was never the end
to some means of justification.
I'll firmly stand.
Life can reprimand.
I am supported in fortification.


So this is my deposition.
Because things seem to
be spiraling out of control.
Accumulation of
twisted promises
which bored into the trust.
Quite the misshapen misfortune.
Do I dare to wonder what
was to become of us?
To gaze upon those eyes
I once saw forever in
but that's not entirely true, is it?
What I saw was the reflection
of my hopes masquerading
as your beautiful face.
Intuitive over rationalization
in collaboration with the
physicality of what was tangible
prompted me to
fall to your guile.
What has now materialized
is the self reassurance to
sever all tempestuous feelings.
And the time has come to put
asunder what was intended.




 























Written By: ~ Twin Monks ~ (Eric Gumas Jr & Devin Joseph Metz)

No comments:

Post a Comment