Monday, February 29, 2016

"She Twirls In The Dark"

"She Twirls In The Dark"

A corner post distance
between myself and the spectacle.
Hysterical to recall
how often I've imagined this in detail.
Sheets frail and thin
accosted by the window
slightly cracked.
Standing back
as life moves around.
Enough light to see
how much we've never needed sound.
The most we've found
you've kept at bay
until today.
So dim and dark
yet you display.
I want to play.
Just laying here
with open ears
yet you won't speak.
Already missed the kiss.
I reminisce of things so sweet.
Hanging from you loose
but still tighter than the noose
gently snug against the curves.
You work every single nerve
and I swear I love it. 


I covet every minute.
Every second in my ransom.
Watched you handle it with care:
my attention something rare
that you have spun around your waist.
I taste the secrets in cold air
that you've dispersed
fresh from your hair
with flow and flare as you perspire.
The slower the speed,
the higher the greed,
the higher my need for exclusivity.
Exquisitely placed yourself
in portions
this close to my face
to leave your breeze as my nourishment.
Thought I'd flourish
with both hands
and a mouthful
but I'm doubtful
that I've known fulfillment
where the chill meant as much
with no eventual touch
as it did in moments after. 


Movement captured frame to frame.
I'm enraptured all the same.
Lapse in time but glad you came.
Shadows bounce on window panes.
Soft, sublime rush through my veins.
I'd lose my mind saving your name.
When sought for crime
and who to blame,
I'd do the time
if I could train
my focus on
each
and
every
provocative
pose at your disclosure. 


The colder this air,
the wetter your hair
yet you won't draw near.
Desire clearer
in the distance between us.
Tension I've denounced as friction
in my desperate frustration
now serves to pique the elation
that I express in audience. 


Only this
and nothing more.
Bore temptation to the floor
there with the garments.
Every score dismembered
rendered useless.
You still chose
to perform as if the clothes
threatened to dash or diminish. 






















Watched you start.
Now help me finish... 


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment