Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Mahogany Blush"

"Mahogany Blush"

If this were hinged on necessity,
I'd be far less playful
when addressing my desire.
Wouldn't skirt around the truth.
Would relinquish all the details.
I'd be frail within your grasp.
Hands clasped to your arm
like all else seeks to harm me.


Instead, I am charming when I visit.
You're exquisite.
We know no limits.
Explicit jokes with a splash of truth
and a slice of fruit
beneath the ice cubes in your glass.
Is this what one considers class
or am I too crass to exude such?


Touch as rewarding as the conversation.
The elation you contain
I collect like grains of rice
before the waiter takes our plates.
Far too late to walk alone.
Besides that, we're in a zone
that lasted hours after closing.
Topics under your controlling:
Are my parents in good standing,
do I ever get demanding,
do I like Cognac or Brandy,
what's my favorite type of candy?


So varied your interest.
So keyed in on your angles
that you're surely wondering why
I have yet to tell a lie
so you can dig me out.
You hear what is said
but if you were in my head,
we'd have less time for talking. 


Yes.
I'm that sure.
Selective with my confidence
to the point where my compliments
have become secondary to your intent for me.
The extent of your imagination
inflates to the point of rupture.
The flood gates briefly stalled
with crossed legs
and a head hung low
with one arm as its crutch.


You've barely concealed that mahogany blush.

Save me a smile to see
when the day robs you of the rest.
Pastel dress shirts lined with lipstick.
For your next trick,
a quick change in temperature.
replaced goose bumps with heat signatures
and I lay here within your cross hairs.
Friendly fire full of desire.
Clothes cascade to the floor
like casings flung from the chamber.
Anger and frustration before faces flush.
The rush. The tension.
Not to mention the aftermath.
Serenity meets wrath
to the point where they
resemble one delightful meshing.


Undressed all that stress……
…………all that annoyance.
Snide remarks and feigned clairvoyance.
Stripped down needless defiance.
Clients reaping all of your time
replaced by a glass of wine
and a lap strong enough
to compliment your curvature.


You sink into my hands
like crushed chocolate ready to melt.
Never before right now
have I known a warmth that felt……
………………………this constant.
No room for reserve
or the usual soft speaking.
I am peaking.
I peek in and you are leaking.
Brushed my fingertips across my mustache
like grass desperate for raindrops.
Saw you gasp and change colors.


Now I see the light
you swore you'd never show.
Well worth the time now that I know
how to make your skin glow. 




















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz 

[Words]{About}(Her)

No comments:

Post a Comment